Young larvae of various thrips species, Eggs and larvae of whitefly, Tarsonemid mites
Each bottle with dosage cap contains predatory mites (nymphs and adults) mixed with bran
When to use Swirski-Mite?
Use Swirski-Mite for biological pest control of young larvae of various thrips species, eggs and larvae of whitefly (both Trialeurodes vaporariorum and Bemisia tabaci) and tarsonemid mites (Polyphagotarsonemus latus). Use Swirski-Mite as a preventive method and when the first signs of a pest appear.
How does Swirski-Mite work?
Adult predatory mites search for their prey or wait for it to pass by and subsequently feed on their prey.
- Turn and shake the bottle gently before use
- Press in the centre of the cap to open the dosage hole
- Sprinkle material on leaves
- Choose at least 4,000 introduction points per hectare, evenly distributed over the total surface
- Use (Mini)-Air(o)bug if necessary for the mechanical distribution of Swirski-Mite
- Precaution: application of this product can cause sensitization or allergic reactions, we therefore advise to take the necessary precautions.
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Swirski-Mite, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 12-14°C/50-60°F
- In the dark
- Provide ventilation to prevent CO2 accumulation
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.