Two spotted spider mite
Box with 250 sachets, each sachet contains 100 predatory mites
When to use Spidex Boost?
Use Spidex Boost for biological pest control of two spotted spider mite (Tetranychus urticae). Spidex Boost works well on all the life cycle stages of the two-spotted spider mite but prefers younger stages most. Use Spidex Boost preventatively and at the first sign of pest presence.
How does Spidex Boost work?
Phytoseiulus persimilis feeds on all stages of spider mites, but has a preference for eggs. The predatory mites pierce the eggs and consume the contents. Adult Phytoseiulus persimilis also attack adult spider mites but the smaller development stages only feed on smaller prey stages. The larvae do not eat. The predatory mite can only survive on two spotted spider mites (Tetranychus spp.). Other than Koppert slow-release products (sachets), Spidex Boost does not contain a rearing system which produces several generations of predatory mites over time.
- Introduce sachets as soon as possible after receipt
- Hang up sachets in sheltered positions in the crop (no direct sunlight).
- Ensure that you create a sufficient exit opening for the mites prior to placing sachets in the crop (a small hole or cut can be made in the upper portion of the sachet, close to the cardboard hook).
- Handle sachets by the cardboard strip at the top; predatory mites are easily damaged
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Spidex Boost, please follow the instructions below. Koppert Biological Systems is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer and/or under different conditions than recommended.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 8-10°C/47-50°F
- In the dark
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.