Weevils and other beetles
50 million - 1 sachet of 50 million in a box.
500 million - 2 sachets of 250 million in a box.
2,500 million - 10 sachets of 250 million in a box.
Side Effects & Compatibility
- Pesticides can have (in)direct effects on biological solutions.
- As a general rule for tank mixing, always add the nematodes to a fully filled tank containing the compatible product
- The product is safe for most beneficial insects and mites, but can have some effect on a few when in direct contact with foliar applied nematodes
When to use Larvanem?
Larvanem can be used for biological control of larvae of weevils and other beetles in a wide range of crops.
Beetles: Weevils, White grubs, Dung beetles, Leaf beetles
Caterpillars: Common swift moth
How does Larvanem work?
The nematodes enter the pest and release symbiotic bacteria into the pest's body cavity. These bacteria convert the host tissue into a food source, on which nematodes feed, develop, and reproduce inside the host. This kills the pest within a few hours to days after infection.
Infected pest insects in the root zone turn red to brown but may be difficult to find, due to rapid degradation.
- Remove the sachets from the box and keep them at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Empty the contents of the sachets into a bucket containing at least 2 litres of water per sachet (water temperature: 15-20°C/59-68°F )
- Stir well and leave the contents to soak for 5 minutes
- Stir again and pour the contents of the bucket into the half-filled spray tank (except when tank mixing with a compatible product)
- Maintain agitation of mixture in the tank (e.g. with a recirculation pump)
- Fill the spray tank with the required amount of water
- If tank mixing with a compatible product, add Larvanem at the end to a fully filled tank.
- Apply directly after preparation of spray solution.
- Nematodes can be applied using a watering can, an airblast sprayer, through a sprinkler system, with a backpack sprayer, or a vehicle-mounted spray unit.
- To avoid blockage, all filters should be removed, especially if finer than 0.3mm (50 mesh)
- Use a maximum pressure of 20 bar/290 psi (on nozzle)
- The spray nozzle opening should be at least 0.5 mm (500 microns - 35 mesh) - preferably high flow rate cone nozzle types
- Continuous mixing should take place to prevent nematodes sinking to the bottom of the spray tank
- Avoid sprayers equipped with centrifugal or piston pumps.
- Water tank temperature must not exceed 25°C/77°F and pH must be between 4 and 8.
- Distribute the spraying solution evenly over the soil/media surface.
Application through irrigation systems:
Pressure-compensated irrigation systems are recommended. If not available, spray or drench applications are recommended. For injection through Dosatron/Venturi systems, please contact your local representative for specific advice
Spray the solution as soon as it is prepared and within a short timeframe. Do not store mixed suspensions
Storage Time After Receipt
See expiry date on the box. On average product can be stored for 6 weeks.
Refrigerate at a temperature of 2-6°C/35-43°F in a ventilated refrigerator/cold room.
Upon reciept, take boxes out of the insulating shipment packaging. Keep in a dark, ventilated refrigerator/cold room until use.
Larvanem is typically applied at a rate of 250,000 to 500,000 nematodes per m² (2.5 to 5 billion/ha). See the website for more information.