Aphids and other pest insects
1000 - 10,000
500ml - 6L
Bottle - Bucket
Chrysopa is sold in bottles or buckets containing larvae (second stage) mixed with buckwheat.
When to use Chrysopa?
Use Chrysopa for the biological control of aphids and many other pest insects, like whitefly, thrips and moth eggs. Apply when the pest first appears.
How does Chrysopa work?
Larvae of the lacewing attack prey and suck their body fluids. The remainder of the dead aphid shrivels completely and is difficult to find.
- Shake the bottle gently before use
- Apply on infested leaves
- For curative treatments, apply Chrysopa directly in the heavily affected areas
- The product can be applied on the rock wool block, on leaves, via Dibox application boxes or distributed by Air(o)bug
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Chrysopa, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 8-10°C/47-50°F
- In the dark (bottle horizontally)
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.