Maintenance of the population
When to Use Artefeed?
Use Artefeed as an alternative source of food for maintenance of Macrolophus pygmaeus in tomatoes at low prey densities.
How Does Artefeed Work?
As Macrolophus pygmaeus needs a continuous food source to maintain the population, Artefeed can be used as alternative food at low pest density.
- For optimal results, apply Entofood for at least the first six weeks after introduction of Macrolophus pygmaeus before switching to Artefeed.
- Apply Artefeed weekly in the rows adjacent to the rows in the greenhouse where Macrolophus pygmaeus has been released.
- Apply weekly until the Macrolophus pygmaeus population is large enough.
- Make sure that Artefeed is distributed on top of the crop,
- Artefeed can be distributed using a Mini-Airbug.
Storage Time After Reciept: 3 months.
Storage Temperature: 8-25°C/47-77°F
Storage Conditions: Store in a dry place.
The dosage of Artefeed depends on climate, crop and pest density and should always be adjusted to the particular situation. Disperse at least 50 gram per 100 meters of row. Repeat after 7-14 days. Consult a Koppert advisor or a recognized distributor of Koppert products for advice on the best strategy for your situation.