Predatory Beetle (Ladybird)
Various species/stages of aphids
Sold in a cotton bag containing 100 larvae in buckwheat
When to use Aphidalia?
Use Aphidalia for the biological pest control of many species/stages of aphids. Aphidalia in cotton bags is used specifically for application in trees.
How does Aphidalia work?
Adult lady birds and larvae eat the aphids completely. Eggs are laid in aphid colonies. After emerging the larvae will search for aphids. Reproduction is not expected.
In trees lining avenues
- Open the bag and attach it with a nail or wire stitch on the tree near the first branch
- For heavy infestations and a large amount of twigs, apply more bags
- Apply 1 bag per 25 cm diameter of the stem of the tree, maximum 3 bags per tree
In the greenhouse
- Apply the product on infested leaves
- For heavy curative treatments, apply some material where most aphids are
- The product can also be applied via Dibox applicators
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Aphidalia, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 8-10°C/47-50°F
- In the dark
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.